Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Twelve Things I Remember About Hanoi, Vietnam

My list of good memories of Vietnam and its people is pretty long, but these are some things that I remember about my stay in Hanoi, Vietnam on October 5 to 9.
1.The 36 cramped streets at the old headquarter in Hanoi, which were never emptied of people and motorbikes
2. The motorbikes (and the heavy traffic they cause), which would remind me of Vietnam every now and then
3. The Trung Nguyen coffee which is pretty strong! My officemates liked it :)
4. The colorful and beautiful Áo Dài costumes, which make the Vietnamese girls even prettier; and the popularity of the conical hats in this modern age, which I find amazing
5. The language, which if mispronounced, would not be understood hehehe... And the people's love of their own language :)
6. Tortoises as a symbol, that were everywhere we have been to
7. The long ceramic street wall and the paintings on the streets
8. The highly organized Vietnamese Communist Youth Union, and the festive mass dancing of the youth
9. The Red River, the ceramic village and the Long Bien bridge, and the history behind them
10. The most important treasure of Vietnam: the people, their sincerity and hospitality

11. The Vietnam Dong which made me a millionaire (Check Peso to Dong exchange rate.)
12. The variety of food at Sunway Hotel restaurant and the grand buffet at Sen Tay Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment